List of features
- Plays ogg, flac, wma, mp3, mp4, mp2, wav, aiff, asf, aac, mod, xm, it, and more...
- Plays Internet radio channels
- Display and download CD artwork
- Media library. Index and rate all your music
- Fast search and support for advanced filters
- Parametric equalizer.
- Supports accessing playlists directly from a http address. (pls, m3u)
- The browser panel has single click access to lyrics, wikipedia, youtube (and more)
- Unicode support.
- Low memory footprint. (Small, resource friendly)
- Fast. Handles very large media libraries very well. (There are users with over 80000 songs!)
- Web interface - access from any computer. With Firefox Prism, you can easily create a standalone starter for the Web interface.
- Widget - With opera web browser, you can use the built in widget which let you control LiquoricePlayer from the desktop, or put it on top of other windows so you can control it without leaving your favourite application!
- Panel - Integrates into your web browser, so you can see what's playing, control it, or access related web pages with one click.
- Quick launch shortcuts
- Scan directories and tags (in background!)
- Search your music simple and easy
- Search your music using advanced search expressions
There is more coming. Read more in the development section.
Features - details
A parametric equalizer makes it possible to quickly manipulate the EQ frequency, gain and center with full control in realtime!
Instead of plucking with different band sliders, you just move control points and change their bandwidth (how much width they affect the curve).
Widgets (Opera browser only)
Opera browser supports widgets (chromeless web-applications on your desktop).
A simple click in the address-field on the widget icon () will install the default widget for LiquoricePlayer.
By right--clicking on the widget you can make it stay on the desktop, or on-top of other windows so you will always have access to a mini UI to change song, and see the title of the current song even when other applications are maximized.
I will add more documentation of the other features later...