Why use it?
It has many small features that makes working with cvs less painful.
The UI is very thought through and everything is only a click away.
The cvs commandline is also there, all the time.
Instead of focusing on making UI to cover all existing cvs functions, i have focused on making the common stuff fast and easy available.
Some of the features are:
- UI fully usable when cvs is working. New invoked cvs commands are put on queue.
- Flat-mode with easy filtering (and always showing changed files on top).
- One working path (no confusion. All stuff from UI or commandline are done from the current path)
- Plain-update (dialog update on separate button).
- Internal diffwindow (External can also be used)
I use cvs a lot, and need a cvs-client that does the simple things i usually do very simple and fast,
but still allows for more complex stuff without bloating the UI with endless modal dialogs. I also need a UI for cvs on other platforms than windows.
That's why i created MarmaladeCvs.
Price and License
The screenshots below have some hints. There is tooltips. Also, Read the readme-file
for keyboard-shortcuts etc.
I don't know how much more i will work on MarmaladeCvs. It fulfills my own requirements, and i can live with the bugs i know about.
I guess it depends on the response i get from it being released, and the available time of course.
I have more interesting and challenging projects to work on, but i'll try to get my thumb out, and finish the linux and macos versions
soon (which should not be much more than packaging & uploading now i hope).
I have a long list of ideas of features and featurerequests. I sometimes pick one and implements it and makes one or
another bugfix. So be sure to check here for updates. You can also subscribe to the RSS feed
to get info about new releases!
(Thanks to timjoh and mrgnu for additional porting and bugfixing!)
- After a fresh checkout, the directories are not recognized as cvs-directorys. Just do a plain update and it will be ok.
- If you get cvs [checkout aborted]: unrecognized auth response[...] on checkout of new repositorys, you have forgot to login (The cvs message is somewhat unclear).
Do not forget to subscribe to the RSS feed to get info about new builds.
Use at your own risk.
Release 6 - Updated 25 Jun 2009
- New icon!
- Automatically store tags in history when merging
- Fixed so diff window scrolls both views
- (windows) Fixed mouse wheel coordinate bug
- (linux) 64bit version added.
- (linux) Lots of bugfixes...
- (macos) First release (Lots of fixes since alpha!)
- Linux - Release 5. 226kb. Updated 7 May 2008
- First public build for Linux.
- Windows - Release 5. 576kb. Updated 8 Mar 2008
- A summary of all conflicts can be shown by clicking the summary-button in the output view when the action is complete.
- Moved settings to user settings folder so multiple users can use the same install.
- The installer creates startmenu shortcuts.
- Added uninstaller.
- Windows - Release 4. 573kb. Updated 16 Aug 2007
- Fix for problems using external diff or editor and opening files in flatmode.
- Enabled "Create missing directories that exist in repository" by default in all update situations.
- Shift+Enter shortcut added for browse files directory (See readme.txt for full shortcut list)
- New 48x48px icon.
- Ctrl+click can be used instead of third mouse button in sand, to draw ground.
- Windows - Release 3. 543kb. Updated 25 Mars 2007
- Fixed bug: ctrl+m executed actions twice.
- Fixed bug: files appearing twice (with lowercase filename)
- Enabled "Create missing directories that exist in repository" by default.
- Autopaste tag/branch into second merge textfield when it is activated.
- Tempfile for external diff is not deleted immediately (which confused winmerge)
- Moved custom actions to the rightclick menu (and removed the dropdown)
- Custom color in sand :)
- Icon for sand :)
- Windows - Release 2. 541kb. Updated 14 Nov 2006
- New feature: Custom commands
- New feature: Shortcut for opening commandline shell at selected directory or files directory
- New feature: Exclude filters for unknown files
- New feature: Checkout to directory
- Strip whitespace for tag/revision/date/module clipboard tags
- Minor UI fix in alertbox
- UI is more resizable
- Fixed *.ini reading bug (You might need to clear historys.ini if it's full of garbage)
- Icon for unknown files is blue
- Save output layout setting
- Optimized colored sand-simulation :)
- Unselect all unfocused items when keyboard-navigating up/down (if not shift is pressed to select)
- Windows - Release 1. 516kb. Updated 28 Jun 2006